Assistant Underwriting Manager
|Lindsay, ON, CAN|
|Full Time, Permanent, Competitive Salary and Benefits|
Live, Work and Play in the Heart of The Kawarthas...
Our commute is relaxing and probably shorter than yours!
ASSISTANT UNDERWRITING MANAGER
Farmers' Mutual takes pride in being leading edge within the mutual system and we're looking for leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrive within a fast paced environment and love a challenge. Although we strive to achieve our personal best we also take pride in caring about our people and creating a positive ripple effect.
Expert knowledge of operational systems, work-flow processes and policies in support of client service expectations, continuous improvement and overall efficiency
• Expert understanding of management reporting, information flow and organizational planning
• Expert knowledge in the use of the Policy Administration system for all policy transactions to effectively drive accuracy and process efficiency
• Working knowledge of budgeting development process and budget management
• Working knowledge of business planning process to support short and medium term department planning
• Working knowledge of the ratemaking and product development processes across all lines of business
• Expert knowledge of all classes of automobile, residential, farm and commercial insurance
• Expert competency in reading and interpreting all policy wordings relevant to automobile, residential, farm, agri-commercial and commercial insurance, including but not limited to XS and Umbrella Liability and less commonly used endorsements
• A full understanding on reinsurance products available in the marketplace and specifically those available to FMIC, as well as the necessary process for facultative cession. An expert knowledge of restrictions and provisions of FMIC's reinsurance treaty
• Capability to lead, where necessary, the inception and/or renewal of subscription policies with FMIC as a lead or follower subscriber
• Thorough understanding of current precedent cases on the wording interpretation and potential impacts to exposures assumed and the ability to share this with the other underwriters and claims staff
• Working understanding of the financial statements and the correlation of the underwriting results through to the Balance Sheet impact.
• Expert knowledge of the broker distribution channel, the various tools utilized by the broker and the process interaction between insurer and broker.
Post Secondary Education and completion of CIP.
• FCIP designation considered an asset.
• A minimum of 10 years experience with P&C insurance.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership position.
• Effective communication skills; verbal, non-verbal and written; and ability to communicate on all levels of the organization; presentation skills
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills are essential.
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
• Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes.
• Sound morals, ethic and confidentiality with ability to develop trusting and effective working relationships with peers and employees.
• Ability to identify developmental needs of employees and provide coaching, mentoring, and assistance in goals.
• Strong computer literacy, proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs and Internet navigation.
Qualified professionals are asked to submit their resume to:
Apply Now Return to Jobs Page